The Examinations office is headed by the Examinations Officer who is assisted by an Assistant Examination Officer. The department has the following major functions:
- Storage of and issuance of student academic documents
- Registration of candidates for external exams such as KNEC, and KASNEB.
- Administration of internal and external examinations.
- Ensure compliance to all rule and regulations governing the conduct of examinations as well as coverage of the curriculum.
- Serves as the communication link between the examination bodies and the college.
- Receiving and analysing exam results
- To provide examination information in a timely manner while continuously working to improve our processes and services.
- Providing good quality administrative support for our clients.
- Ensure integrity in the conduct of Exams
REGISTRATION OF KNEC EXAMS
KNEC exams are conducted two times in a year. The exams are divided into two series i.e. the March Series, and the July Series. Registration of these exams is hence conducted twice in a year. A student has to fulfil all the requirements laid down by the examination body in regard to syllabus coverage as well as pay all school fees and examination fees to be registered for KNEC exams. Every student must ensure that he or she gives accurate details to facilitate proper registration.
KASNEB exam registration is as per the KASNEB guide.
All HOD have to ensure that all internal exams, CATS, and Supplementary exams are ready by the beginning of the term where moderation will be done and the exams put in safe custody of the Exams Office. HODs also have to ensure that the marking schemes are ready by the beginning of the term. Students are advised to ensure they comply with all the rules and regulations governing the conduct of exams and have valid exam card before the start of any internal examination.
PROCESSING OF EXAMINATIONS
Exams results are processed within a department with the help of Departmental Exams Officers. The marked scripts as well as the mark sheets are then cross-checked by the Quality Assurance Officer and the Examination officer before release of the transcripts. Upon release of the results the Examinations Officer ensures safe storage and delivery to the candidates.
- Kenya National Examinations Council – KNEC
- Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board – KASNEB
- Butere Technical and Vocational Institute Exams Department.
Due to the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic, the regular exam calendar for external exams calendar has been rescheduled as folows:
- The March Series Exams KNEC exams will commence on 17th August 2020 and end on 28 August 2020
- The July Series Exams will commence on 30th November 2020 and end on 11th December 2020
- The One Off November 2020 KNEC Exams have been rescheduled to July 2021.
- The May 2020 KASNEB Exams have been moved to 21st September 2020
- The December 2020 KASNEB Exams have been moved to 25th January 2021